The Head Installer will be part of our team of experienced signage installers and will be responsible for efficiently installing and maintaining a wide variety of sign types, both electrical and non-electrical, manufactured by Astra Signs Limited or under a maintenance agreement.
Due to the technical nature of the signage industry, Head Installers must possess or acquire a working knowledge of how signs are manufactured and installed. Maintaining continuous familiarity with the design techniques and processes used to install signs, and an understanding of the CDM process is key to success.
EQUIPMEMENT (VEHICLE) MAINTENANCE
Head Installers will be responsible for managing safe wear and tear and maintaining allocated company owned vehicles to ensure that the vehicle is always fit for its intended use.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Attention to detail;
2. Ability to work to procedures and time pressures in a safe manner;
3. Good communicator;
4. Flexible approach to working hours to satisfy the needs of the business
5. PC literate with administration skills;
6. Ability to prioritise workload;
7. Flexible and trustworthy;
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES (Essential Minimum Requirements to Undertake the Role)
1. Full UK Driving License (with Minimum of 2 years' experience)
2. 5 years sign installation experience of various sign types
3. Experience of application of vinyl graphics and digitally printed media
4. Ability to understand architectural drawings and floor plans
5. CSCS, IPAF, PASMA preferred
6. Ability to work at height
7. Understanding of Graphics and Design processes
8. Previous experience in making electrical connections an advantage.
9. Good communication skills.
10. Able to speak and read English proficiently.
11. Proficiency with hand and power tools.
12. Experience of site work and writing RAMS to suit site conditions
1. Full time position – 40.25 hours per week with overtime
2. Basic core hours of work are 7:30am - 4:30pm, Monday – Thursday and 7.30am – 3.30pm Friday
3. Flexibility is a must. Start and finish times may vary daily, Monday – Friday with weekend work as required by the installation schedule
4. Annual holidays, 20 Days plus Statutory Bank Holidays
5. Probation Period 3 Months
If you are interested in applying for this position you should send a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.